Web Privacy Notice
May 7, 2003
The Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois (“University of Illinois”), by and through its academic, research and administrative units and programs, owns, controls, operates and/or maintains Web sites under a number of domains (collectively, “University Web”). This Web Privacy Notice applies to all domains within University Web.
As part of its commitment to maintain the privacy of users of University Web sites, the University of Illinois has developed this privacy notice. The notice has two purposes:
1. To inform users and University Web practitioners about specific privacy guidelines employed at the University of Illinois.
2. To notify users about the terms and conditions governing use of the University Web.
Rule on Sharing of Information
The University of Illinois uses the University Web for business purposes and is committed to ensuring the privacy of personal information. Use of the University Web is subject to all applicable state and federal laws, as well as general University and campus policies. It is the University’s usual practice not to share any personal information with those outside the University. However, when circumstances arise for the need to share information gathered from its University Web servers, the University may share as:
· authorized by law,
· permitted under University and campus policies,
· authorized by an approved University of Illinois contract,
· clearly stated at a University Web site that such information will be shared and the user indicates consent by providing the information,
· consent is otherwise given,
University of Illinois Board of Trustees