A Learning Management System (LMS) is a web-based application through which learning content is delivered and managed. An LMS is tied to on-line and off-line training, administration, and performance management and includes functionality for course catalogs, launching courses, registering learners, tracking learner progress and assessments. An LMS combines a front-end for the learner with a back-end for administrators and instructors. This LMS seamlessly displays, in a browser interface, real-time information drawn from a database. It also allows for competency-driven assessment and course associations. It integrates online quizzing and evaluation processes, permitting accurate, automated measurement and reporting.
The LMS is designed to guide learners through a simple process intended to achieve the goal of assessing and maintaining competencies, registering for recommended courses, and accomplishing training. Below are descriptions of the pages available to learners in the LMS, and how to use them to achieve assessment and get trained.
All pages are accessible via the navigation bar on the left hand side of the Home Page. In addition to the pages outlined in this guide, the navigation bar offers links to ‘Logout’ of the LMS, as well as ‘Edit Profile’. Here one can update personal information regarding their account.
• A web-based application through which learning content is delivered and managed.
• Provides education to public health workforce related to their roles and needs
• Promotes worker competencies
• Associates competencies to worker roles
• Assesses workers on competencies related to their assigned role(s)
• Recommends appropriate courses based on assessments
• Stores competency progress and course history for each learner
• Addresses online and offline training, administration and performance management
• Includes functionality for course catalogs, building courses, launching courses, registering students, tracking student progress and assessments, and creating reports
• Has a front-end for the learner and a back-end for administrators and instructors
• Integrates online quizzing and evaluation processes, permitting accurate, automated measurement and reporting.
• Permits centralized course and learner administration to better meet agency objectives
• Can be designed, developed, and/or customized specifically for the types of users targeted by the system